Pasta and tacos, tacos and pasta, no matter how you say it it sounds delicious. This recipe works as another version of Taco Tuesday in our house. The dish is loaded with great taco flavor, cheese and put inside the large shell pasta. I find it pretty cool looking, not to mention tasty. What makes this an even better recipe is that you can put your magic touch on it.
Ingredients ( 4 servings )
- 8 jumbo pasta shells
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- ½ (16 ounce) can refried beans
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
How To Make Taco Stuffed Shells
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, until just slightly firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain well.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat. Stir in the taco seasoning and water; cook over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir the refried beans and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese into the taco meat. Spoon meat mixture into prepared pasta shells.
- Spoon 1/4 cup salsa over the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange filled shells over salsa. Spoon remaining salsa over shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with sliced green onion and 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Serve with sour cream.
Credit: Recipes Need