These fajitas were gobbled up quicker than anything I’ve ever made before – that’s saying a lot because I feel like I’m ALWAYS cooking. And these make A LOT, enough to feed 4-5 people! We enjoyed them in tortillas the first day and turned them into Chipotle-style fajitas bowls for lunch the next day, and we still had some leftovers! And nope, I’m not even complaining about them. I’ll definitely be making these over and over again on repeat.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated
- 6 to 8 tortillas
How To Make Spicy Steak Fajitas
- In a zip lock bag, place the sliced steak, spices, lime juice and olive oil
- Seal bag, shake to coat steak pieces
- Add the peppers and onions to the bag and close the bag
- Shake the bag again to coat the vegetables
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and add the ingredients from the bag to the heated skillet.
- Cook until the vegetables are just tender and the steak is done.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sprinkle with grated cheese and your choice of optional toppings
Credit: Recipes Need