- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until creamy and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sour cream, mashed bananas, and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. While bread is cooling, make the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter and bring to a boil over medium heat. Continue cooking until the sugar has fully dissolved, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and remove the pan from the heat. Add in the powdered sugar and salt, mix until smooth.
- Allow glaze to cool for 5 minutes before pouring it over the bread.