Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake is a copycat Hostess Snack Cake recipe that is going to blow your mind. You won’t believe what is under that luscious frosting on top. This super moist raspberry cake tastes just like a Raspberry Zinger snack cake.
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 box (18.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box (3 oz) raspberry Jello
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 1 jar (18 oz) raspberry jam (seedless)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- pinch salt
- 1 jar (11 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz sweetened shredded coconut
How To Make Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl on low speed, mix together cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs. Increase speed to medium and mix 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 30 minutes. Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake.
- Mix Jello with boiling water. Stir well to combine. Spoon Jello over the cake, trying to fill holes with Jello mixture.
- Remove the lid from raspberry jam and microwave about 1 minute until jam is soft and liquid. Spread jam over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl on medium-high speed, mix together softened butter, powdered sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon of milk until light and fluffy.
- Add in marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until well-blended.
- Spread frosting over the chilled cake. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
If marshmallow creme is too sweet for you, try substituting Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream for the frosting.