“Over the Top” Smoked Chili is a bowl of warm and comforting goodness that takes traditional chili to a whole new level. Packed with robust flavors and a touch of smokiness, this chili is sure to tantalize your taste buds and warm your soul. Whether you’re hosting a game day party or just craving a hearty meal, “Over the Top” Smoked Chili is the perfect choice. In this article, we’ll share the “Over the Top” Smoked Chili recipe, along with a handy table sheet format for the ingredients. Get ready to savor the boldness and heartiness of this delightful chili!
“Over the Top” Smoked Chili Recipe Ingredients
Cooking “Over the Top” Smoked Chili is a delightful experience with the right ingredients. Here’s a table sheet format listing all you need:
|Ground Beef||1 pound|
|Smoked Sausage||1/2 pound|
|Onion, diced||1 medium|
|Bell Pepper, diced||1 medium|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Canned Diced Tomatoes||28 ounces|
|Tomato Sauce||8 ounces|
|Beef Broth||1 cup|
|Canned Kidney Beans, drained||15 ounces|
|Canned Black Beans, drained||15 ounces|
|Chili Powder||2 tablespoons|
|Ground Cumin||1 tablespoon|
|Smoked Paprika||1 tablespoon|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|Salt and Pepper||To taste|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let’s proceed with the step-by-step instructions to create this flavor-packed “Over the Top” Smoked Chili!
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and let it heat up.
- Add the ground beef and smoked sausage to the pot. Cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in the diced onion, diced bell pepper, and minced garlic. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef broth to the pot. Stir everything together.
- Drain and rinse the canned kidney beans and black beans. Add them to the pot as well.
- Season the chili with chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine all the flavors.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the chili simmer for at least 30 minutes, or longer if you have the time. The longer it simmers, the richer the flavors will be.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add more salt, pepper, or spices to suit your taste.
Serving and Storing
Your “Over the Top” Smoked Chili is now ready to be served! This hearty and smoky chili is best enjoyed with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, or jalapeño slices. Serve it with a side of cornbread or tortilla chips for a complete meal. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Q: Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef? A: Yes, ground turkey can be used as a leaner alternative to ground beef.
Q: Can I use different types of sausage for variation? A: Absolutely! You can experiment with different sausages, such as chorizo or Italian sausage, for unique flavors.
Q: Can I make this chili in a slow cooker? A: Yes, you can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Brown the meat and sauté the vegetables first, then transfer everything to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Q: Can I add beans other than kidney and black beans? A: Yes, you can use a variety of beans, such as pinto beans or navy beans, for added texture and flavor.
Q: Can I make this chili spicier? A: If you prefer a spicier chili, increase the amount of cayenne pepper or add chopped jalapeños to the mix.
Q: Can I substitute vegetable broth for beef broth to make it vegetarian? A: Yes, you can use vegetable broth to make this chili vegetarian-friendly.
In conclusion, “Over the Top” Smoked Chili is a flavor-packed and hearty delight that brings warmth and comfort to any mealtime. With its bold flavors and smoky undertones, this chili is perfect for gatherings, game days, or simply satisfying a craving for a hearty and delicious meal. Now that you have the recipe and step-by-step instructions, it’s time to savor the richness and heartiness of this “Over the Top” Smoked Chili. So, gather your ingredients, let the flavors simmer, and enjoy a bowl of this delicious chili!
Credit: Recipes Online