Welcome to a culinary journey that celebrates the succulent sweetness of ripe peaches in a classic dessert – Fresh Peach Cobbler. In this article, we will present you with an enticing recipe that harmonizes the natural goodness of fresh peaches with a scrumptious, golden-brown topping. To make things even more convenient, we’ve provided the recipe ingredients in a handy table sheet format. Get ready to impress your taste buds and your guests with this mouthwatering treat.
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe Ingredients:
Crafting a fresh peach cobbler is simpler than you might think. Below, you’ll find a table listing all the necessary ingredients for this delightful dessert:
|Fresh, ripe peaches||6 cups, sliced|
|Granulated sugar||1 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|Ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
There’s nothing quite like the taste of juicy, ripe peaches in a cobbler. Follow these steps to prepare your peaches:
- Start by peeling and slicing six cups of fresh, ripe peaches.
- In a bowl, gently toss the peaches with granulated sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Allow the peaches to sit for about 30 minutes to release their natural juices and flavors.
Creating the Cobbler Batter
The cobbler’s crust is a masterpiece of simplicity and taste. Here’s how to put it together:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Add in the milk, melted unsalted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until a smooth batter forms.
Bringing It All Together
Now comes the exciting part – assembling your fresh peach cobbler:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish.
- Gently spoon the macerated peaches over the batter.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the peaches for an aromatic touch.
Baking to Perfection
Slide your cobbler into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- Can I use frozen peaches instead of fresh ones? Absolutely! While fresh peaches are ideal, frozen peaches can work well too. Just be sure to thaw and drain them before using.
- What’s the best way to serve peach cobbler? Peach cobbler shines when served warm, preferably with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Can I use a different type of fruit for this cobbler? Yes, you can experiment with various fruits like berries, apples, or pears to create your own unique cobbler.
- Is there a gluten-free version of this recipe? Indeed! You can replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend for a delicious gluten-free peach cobbler.
- Can I make the batter in advance and assemble later? While it’s best to assemble and bake immediately, you can prepare the batter a few hours ahead and refrigerate it.
- Can I reduce the sugar content? Certainly, you can adjust the sugar to your taste. Just keep in mind that peaches’ natural sweetness contributes to the dessert’s overall flavor.
Indulge in the magic of summer with a mouthwatering Fresh Peach Cobbler that combines the goodness of ripe peaches with a buttery, golden crust. This recipe, complete with a table sheet format of ingredients, ensures you can effortlessly create a dessert that delights the senses and satisfies the sweet tooth. Whether enjoyed on its own or with a scoop of ice cream, this cobbler is a timeless treat that captures the essence of the season.